ONCE UPON A TIME...A party of valiant Princesses embarked on a grand adventure. They each received a magical Gift from their Fairy Godmothers to aid them in their quest through the enchanted forest. They bargained with pixies, outwitted goblins, danced in the moonlight at a mossy shrine and even stopped for a picnic with a unicorn along the way. With bright sword in hand, they faced down the fire-breathing dragon and saved the realm. And the beguiling riddle of a mysterious old woman beckoned them deeper into the hidden wonders of a world of folklore and magic.
Perils & Princesses is a fantasy role-playing game of gritty and pretty fairy tale adventure for 1–5 players and a Game Master. Steel your resolve, gather your grace and sharpen your wits, and you might just live…Happily Ever After.
Player characters rely on baskets of goodies, trusty hatchets and their hidden talents to help them on their way. The gifts from their Fairy Godmothers help them call upon woodland animals, sing enchanting songs or connect with the elements of nature as they dig deep to survive the perils that await them. If you're a fan of Grimm's Fairy Tales, animated Princess Movies, and Classic Storybooks where plucky heroes use their resolve and wits as they undergo fantastical adventures, then this is your kind of TTRPG.
The 112-page fully-illustrated book includes:
- Streamlined system is based around a 3-stat D20 Roll-under. Friendly for newcomers and families, while still being rich with atmosphere for veterans looking for a new world to explore.
- 8 character classes with a wide range in fairy tale abilities. Loaded with random tables to generate characters and outfit them with adventuring gear, storybook trinkets and quirky weapons.
- Bestiary full of Rot Goblins, Hedge Witches, Dragons and other horrors for GMs to spring upon the princesses.
- Tables to help inspire DMs and create fairy tale adventure on the fly. Strangers, treasure, monsters, and more.
- Introductory adventure "The Rosewood Crown." A mini dungeon crawl to get you started playing right away
Mechanically, This game follows in the footsteps of some great creators in the NSR and OSR spaces. Lots of inspiration was taken from The GLOG, The Black Hack, Mausritter, Cairn, Into The Odd and others to create a fairy tale adventure game all it's own.